Thursday, December 25, 2008

White christmas!!

Hey there folks! It's been a couple of days since the last update. Just getting a quick one in before I head off to bed. The arctic warning has finally been lifted! Instead of -25 days we now just have -10 days and it feels warm compared to what we've been through. I've had work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week which has been interesting, seems like a nice little cafe that we're running. Although it does sometimes get a bit cramped considering we only have about 40 or so seats in the whole joint. At least the food we have available there is fairly awesome, these gourmet cooked sandwiches and soup which is a pretty good way to spend your break.

Today on Christmas Day Jimmy, Pete and Sarah all had work but with 15cm of new fall over the past day and night I couldn't resist the mountain. So I headed up with some other mates I met on my kickstart in Vancouver and we went up Blackcomb mountain on the first gondola giving us a good few minutes to enjoy the whole mountain to ourselves and rip the freshly groomed runs up. We headed up to the glacier on the top of Blackcomb and hit some big powder runs on the way back down, of course I have to mention that there's only t-bars on top of the glacier and I finally managed to use them without stacking in a big way. This is a great step for me after the days of falling continuously on the t-bar after about 2m of the way up.

Anyways I'm hardly managing to stay awake here, better get some sleep. Jimmy has the day off tomorrow so we're heading up for first lift in the morning to get more fresh tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment